I woke up this morning to a nomination for a Liebster blog award from fellow SAHM over at Creating My Niche! Thank you!!
An award! Woohoo! I am so excited…. but what the heck is a Liebster award??? Basically, it’s an award to recognize small bloggers (less than 200-300 followers). So, in order to official “accept” the award, I need to do the following: List eleven random facts about myself, answer eleven questions given to me by Creating My Niche, and nominate eleven small blogs.
Eleven random facts about me:
1.) I played rugby in high school. I always love to throw that one out there because not many people can say they played rugby. It was tons of fun, but I still deal with lots of knee and shoulder pain from old injuries.
2.) I was the Fair and Rodeo Queen for my county in 2004. Yeehaw!
3.) My husband and I ran away to Vegas to get married. Yes, Elvis was there
4.) I hate, hate, HATE spiders. I couldn’t tell you why. I just hate them.
5.) I have 6 nieces and one adorable nephew. I love being an auntie.
6.) My guilty pleasure…. Teen Mom, 16 and Pregnant, and Dance Moms. Why? No clue… My husband makes fun of me because I spend half the time yelling at the television because I can’t stand the girls or the shows. Ha!
7.) When I was younger, I never really wanted to get married or have children. Now that I have both, I can’t imagine my life any other way. Love it!
8.) Both of my daughters are named after flowers. Just not your typical “rose” or “daisy”
9.) I’m a choco-holic! Especially dark chocolate. YUM!
10.) Before having babies, I worked at a couple different animal hospitals. I may actually like animals more than I like most people…. lol!!
11.) Some day I’d love to start my own small business. Probably just out of the house… Decorating cakes or making clothes or homemade cosmetics. Some day 🙂
My Eleven Questions From Creating My Niche:
1. If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would buy/do? Lame, but I would pay off all of our debts…. Then I would buy my parents a vacation home really close to us so that we could see them more often 🙂
2. What is the first movie you saw in a theater? hmmm…. I have no idea. I can remember seeing The Lion King at the drive-in when I was little, does that count? lol.
3. What is your dream car? A horse… LOL! I’m not much of a car person, but think it would be really cool if my hubby bought an old Camero and fixed it up for me (hint, hint)
4. How would your closest friend describe you? Kind, quiet, silly, and caring
5. What is your most cherished possession? Pictures. I am a crazy picture taking lady. I would be devastated if I ever lost them.
6. What does “happy” mean to you? Happy for me is being surrounded by my family. Watching my girls grow. Being in the loving arms of my husband. My family is my happiness.
7. If you could pick it, what would be your last meal? Tough one! I’m a food lover…. Let’s see, how about a juicy steak with a side of risotto, spaghetti, pizza, and lasagna. Oh, and a chocolate souffle for dessert. LOL!
8. If you could meet anyone, past or present, who would you pick and why? Gordon Ramsey… to get some cooking lessons! (I know, I know, I should have picked someone more inspirational. But after the last question, all I can think about is food!)
9. What is your favorite junk food? CHOCOLATE! Oh, and Doritos. Love Doritos 🙂
10. What song have you listened to most often in the last few days? The classical music we have playing in Linnaea’s room.
11. If you were stranded on a remote island, what three things would you want with you (besides food & water)? My family, Kindle, and toilet paper! haha…
My nominees are: (I follow a ton of blogs, but these were the only ones that met the requirements. I love all of them!)
1.) Robbyn’s Nest
2.) Dresses & Me
My Eleven Questions for my nominees….
1.) What is your favorite childhood memory?
2.) What was your dream job as a child?
3.) What is your favorite food?
4.) If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
5.) If you could travel back in time, what year would you travel to and why?
6.) If you could be any animal, what would you be and why?
7.) Beach or Mountains?
8.) What is your favorite season?
9.) What is your favorite movie?
10.) What made yo start blogging?
11.) Describe yourself in 3 words:
Yay! We’re all set… Can’t wait to read your answers! And thank you again, Creating My Niche, for the nomination!! Now go, check out her blog! And don’t forget to take a look at my nominees blogs too! They all have lots of fun stuff to share!